Oh, this camera isn't even focused, is it? Let me just take care of that...
It's not much better, but it'll do. It's not like I could tamper with the tech even if I wanted to. The company can equip the system with waterproof electrical, but can't afford to stock the lab with a few pieces of diving equipment.
What's that thing that the kids used to say? FAIL!
Ugh, anyways, I've got about three minutes before this entire facility floods. Those "shatterproof" windows? Yeah, crushed by the pressure. Here, lemme pan the camera over to the left...see that? Look at all that money chipping off one shard at a time. No expenses spared. Sure...
Wow. Look at me going on all these tangents.
One minute.
Let's see, I could save the human race in these last few minutes or think about the last steak that I didn't get to eat. Dave, if you're watching this, you owe me. One steak delivered right to my tombstone; medium rare with all the fixings. I can't believe that–hold on, there's a piece of glass prodding at my ankle. Stupid glass...anyways, what was I–oh, right. The whole humanity shebang. Yeah, they lied to us–
This stupid computer–Geez, things must be really wrong if even–
...the tech is cutting out.
If I could just–this really is Dave's thing. Screw you, Dave, for not being here the one time I actually needed you.
Twenty seconds.
The water's up to my neck now, but you can see that, obviously.
Anyways, lies, lies, lies, yeah, yeah. It's not something new. It's the same old crap. Get rid of the trees! Done! Get rid of the fish! Done! And look where we are now: a drowning researcher and a monst–
-----END OF TAPE-----
No comments:
Post a Comment